Proposals for Future Research Topics
1. Impacts of mechanical parts to the thermal loading of wind power converter
• Realization and simpliﬁcation of pitch and speed control of wind turbines in order to analyze the generator side converter.
• Thermal stress and lifetime with long-term wind proﬁles and different
roughness classes of wind condition.
• Improved design and control methods for thermal stress improvement and lifetime extension of wind power converter.
2. Advanced analyzing tools for wind power converter
• Lifetime evaluation tools considering long-term mission proﬁle.
• Thermal-oriented design of converters.
• Thermal analysis considering device and loading variations/distributions.
• Stress benchmarking of different converter conﬁgurations.
• Grid code influences to the reliability of converter.
3. Zero-sequence current-control method of wind power converter.
• Thermal stress analysis of power control strategies with zero sequence current.
• Experimental validation in respect to feasibility.
• Other improved control strategies under grid faults.
4. Experimental validations of thermal stress.
• Evaluation of different temperature measurement methods.
• Validation of proposed thermal model for IGBT module.
• LVRT modulation methods in respect to thermal performances.
• Zero-sequence current-control methods in respect to thermal performances.
• Thermal distribution analysis inside one IGBT module.